Thursday, August 21, 2008

Very Much Alive....

Still here....and I have boatie pics to upload eventually. In the meantime check out some of my newish and not-so-newish songs here.

At risk of generalising.......(oh dear)...I'm assuming the average boat-blog reader might be a little middle-of the-road in their outlook so go for "Pleasure Machine" which is kind of Doorsy or bluesy and/or "Jewel" which is a kind of love song to the Earth.

(If not...try "Taught" which is kind of about the rape of the planet, among other things....and not so cheerful).

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Llosgi said...

Hi Jay
Loved Taught and Four Horsemen best! I haven't had a good internet reception up til now so had to wait to hear your stuff but worth waitng for! Interesting reading people's lists of influences/bands they like. Off your list I love Nick Cave (I REALLY love Nick Cave, in a stalkery kind of way!) and Pearl Jam too cos Eddie Vedder reminds me so much of Neil Young and I fell in love with them when I first heard Rearview mirror.
Hope boating's going okay and you haven't been flooded out on the Macc. x

12:51 pm  
Blogger JT said...

At risk of sounding old I wrote/recorded 4 horsemen during round one of the Gulf war when Bush senior was in charge, I must have been about erm...5 or something ;).... Pearl Jam toured with Neil Young and Crazy Horse and Young is obviously a huge influence on the band. The bands I have been involved with have done very few covers but Rearview Mirror was one (used to really wreck my voice though so it was towards the end of the set!). All these songs were recorded years ago and I think my newer ones are better & hope to record again when pennies allow.

Not flooded (yet). All the best Carrie.

1:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home