Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ghostly, Big Cheshire Skys

Just after I took the (negative) picture below, I was honoured to be in the presence of an enormous Barn Owl who silently apparitioned across my field of view, hovered, flew again, hovered looking down onto the ground and then flew over my shoulder. Five minutes later I watched dozens of fat pipistrelle bats dancing and hunting, sometimes playfully flicking each-other's wings. I was happy to be bait for the mosquitoes (I don't mind them that much anyway - many don't suck blood but live on nectar and other things and the ones which do are females who cannot become fertile until they have taken on mammalian blood) ...under a canal bridge because the bats were coming right to me....one doing a hand brake turn millimeters in front of my eyes while another tried to race the first one to the insect. As this was all going on, large carp were gulping under the bridge and two toads crawled out of the undergrowth towards the water.........E C S T A S Y !






Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The the word awesome is the only word i can think to describe that series of events. Who needs Tv.

2:04 pm  
Blogger JT said...

It was like being in some kind of fairy tale.

1:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home