Wednesday, February 27, 2008

3rd Aniversary! (and did the earth move for you baby?)

Of living aboard Cosmos (well on the 25th it was). I wrote about the shinanigans of Cosmos's arrival from a Sheffield hillside to Macclesfield Marina here last year.

One thing I didn't mention was the first thing that woke me up the next morning was a brave boater pushing through the blizzard and thick ice - something that made a monumental cacophony that sounded akin to what you might imagine the end of the world might sound like!....and almost makes up for missing the Earthquake :(

This first morning aboard also seemed like a wintry mirror-image of my first-ever morning aboard the only previous boat I have lived on (but that's another story). On that occasion (in May) a heron was fishing in the tiny gap between the boat and the pontoon. A lovely way to begin a boating life.

I think being cushioned in the water is not conducive to feeling earthquakes though as that's the 2nd one I've missed which has been experienced by most of my earth-bound neighbours in the last 6 or 7 years or so of life afloat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home