Thursday, November 22, 2007

Every Boater's Worst Nightmare...

Thanks to Granny Buttons and 'John' who commented on a post on Grannie's site for this.

The universe (Cosmos?) is expanding into a lonely nothingness, all beauty fades, we're accelerating towards social and ecological catastrophe, we're all gonna die and all boats end up sunk (or reconditioned).

Oh I'm such a pessimist! Every time I get home I half expect it to be sunk (but so far I've been rewarded with a lovely warm glow of knowing I'm not homeless - yet).

...I was the same when I lived 'on the bank' - ever since reading a ladybird book as a child about fire, I've half expected my home to be burned to a cinder when I got home. Narrowboats and fire - don't even go there. It's probably no more common than in a house but the difference is that the boating community is a small one and we all know about it when it happens. It cost me the best part of two grand to get my boat to comply to the boat safety certificate but that didn't include having to spend a couple of quid on a smoke detector (I do have one in spite of this)! Madness.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home