Monday, October 08, 2007

I am NOT a Role Model!

…though some (deluded in my view) think that people in my job should be. I think such folks may be liable to be hoist by their own petard* if they’re not very careful, unless they don’t have much of a life. One of the parts I might play at work is that of a ‘role model’ in some respects, but when I leave the gates behind I’m afraid I become a human being…and a very bad one at that. Here’s just some of the evidence…

Most weekends I get very pleasantly pissed thank you, I like girls in hot-pants, I think that saying things like “bollocks”, “silly fucker” and “buggeration” (and worse) is funny or very funny depending in how pissed I am (and if I think it won’t offend those around me), when I was an active environmental campaigner all my private mail was opened presumably because I was deemed some sort of terrorist threat (not bad for a pacifist), I have missed TV licence payments, even overstayed on moorings on occasion, put zillions of things off (I had loads of stuff stolen in June and still haven’t filled in the forms), plan to follow Elvis Costello’s lead and dance on Margaret Thatcher’s grave (though I’ll probably never get round to that either) and sometimes use phrases I know the gist of without remembering the origin (see *).

I could go on.

But I’m human first and the job second (though obviously at work I wouldn’t do the above (excepting the moorings business, TV licensing and the like), and that is why I don’t make my full name too obvious or explicitly mention my day job, though finding either wouldn’t take that much research if someone could be bothered and some obviously do.

Needless to say any opinions and/or expressions made here are for my own puerile entertainment and light relief from the burdens of the non-cyber world along with anyone else who might be interested and in no way reflect on any duties or work I have outside this space blah blah blah bleedin blah.

Yours, a bit paranoid….

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home