Monday, October 08, 2007

Pruuffe reedin

Christ I hope Sarah's concerns for lack of proofreading in a certain boat mag doesn't extent to blogs! Most of my posts are short, rushed, seat-of-the pants style gibberish of whatever thoughts are rushing or drifting through my head at the time.

My problem with most boat mags is that they seem to be irrepressibly stuffy (not that terms like "irrepressibly stuffy" aren't also a bit on the stuffy side). Dare I say it though this might have more to do with the demographics of the readership (just look at the hilariously over-formal stylings of the letters pages).

I'm used to reading cycling magazines which seem much more personal, fast-paced and frankly 'fun'. I don't just mean MTB magazines but even roadie mags for proper, serious bike riders (joke, well half-joke if I'm honest). But that's a whole other can of worms (or inner-tubes), (or in-a-toobes)))@ ;)

For me I think it's Canal Boat magazine which comes closest to what I'd like to see, which the good Dr Bones now writes for though she doesn't say so on her blog.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger S said...

God no, I'd be in trouble if it applied to blogs wouldn't I? But then no one's paying three quid to read my maunderings.

6:11 am  
Blogger JT said...

True! Only having a little joke by the way - I was a bit worried you might be offended.

9:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home