Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Is it a bird, is it a plane.......?


no..........it's Granny Buttons!


A short while while still mooring on the Macc canal, ago I was walking home and came across this famous (certainly to the boat-blogging world) boat.
I also new from Andrew Denny's blog that he was intending to visit the Rising Sun in Kent Green, a pub I was also keen to visit as it used to be my local and I knew I wouldn't be in the area (at least not with the boat) for some months. It was a pleasure to meet him, Andrew being a lovely and interesting chap.
After some drinks I showed him where a particular canal-side property was so that he could go to work back in his journalistic role as he 'painted' his images using a torch and loooooooonng shutter-speeds to illustrate an certain ongoing story which I'm sure we'll hear more about soon. I can see now why Andy wears his fluorescent jacket when he's working like this in the early hours.
Another story - a very sad one for me.....Phil and Tray (and the inimitable Holly) will be leaving the Sun this winter. As I've said before, for me it's people, not beer that make a great pub (and I am speaking as a real-ale nutter) and this was why the Sun was my favourite.
See some of my other posts on The Sun here :(

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home