Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Toddler Effect...

Talking of Anthony Kiedis (see below). I've just read an interview with him in Blender where he says when the band started out - he knew they had something when they would play their demos outside and little toddlers would freak-out to the music (not being blighted by the music-snobbery that most adult music "fans" and musicians suffer from....)

...and this reminded me, when I first bought the lastest album, last spring, I thought I was far enough away from other boats and houses to play it on the boat full-blast and jump around like a loon unnoticed by the world. But I noticed a young family walk past and both the toddlers started going completely ape-shit to the music!

I think it was either "Storm in a Teacup" (have they ever done anything better??!!??) or "Hump De Bump".

Anyway - many people seem to think the Chili's have lost it - being too chilled, too in Love, too old, too sucessful or whatever. I don't think they're really listening, or maybe their listening to what others are saying is cool and that by definition this has to be a band that aren't the corporate giants that they've become. In terms of their own brand of funk/punk/rap/hip-hop/rock/pop/majesty/chaos/chilipepperdom - This album is as good as blood-sugar, Californication, By The Way or anything they've ever done. Rant over.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home