Monday, May 15, 2006

The Chili's new album could even be their best yet! I have been listening to it as often as I can devote enough time to give it 100% concentration since its release and the stand out tracks for me so far include "Slow Cheetah", the wonderfull title track, "Hump de Bump" is great fun and features Flea on his trumpet, the absolutely wonderful "Wet Sand" is good enough for an extended pre-encore track at a live show, "Make you feel better", "So Much I", "We believe" is, like "Wet Sand" on some higher half joyous/half apocalyptic spiritual plane like all their very best stuff since Californication and "Storm in a Teacup", like Can't Stop and Give it Away is impossible to put on without turning it up to 200db's and prancing round the room like a loon (OK for me anyway!).

Sorry to go on but Flea described it as "by far the best thing we've ever done" and it sounds like he's right. I'm sure it will be the soundtrack to my life for the next few years anyway.
Rant over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home